Header

Monday, February 23, 2015

Lady Gaga's "Normal" Performance



The moment I heard Lady Gaga would be performing at the 2015 Oscars I wondered what she would do different this time? Personally, I believe she is the ultimate chameleon and can do no wrong. I attended her last two concerts and must say I was not disappointed with her show. Honestly, her performances tend to bring a tear to my eyes because they are so powerful, raw and real. She really doesn't hold back and her true love for what she does shines through. Her Oscars performance was no different. The glittery white gown and perfectly prim hair was surprising but in a good way. In a way that made me think "Yesssss" she doesn't give a fuck what people think you know? She can be strange and weird or she can be normal and beautiful without stripping away herself.  This performance is just a different side of Gaga that we are not familiar with. When people say "OMG, Gaga can actually sing?" I'm like, really? You're surprised? She just happens to be a great singer and an amazing piano player. More than can be said about other pop stars who can't even sing. Anyways, I'm not trying to bash any other celebrities I just want to make a point that Lady Gaga is a great performer who deserves more credit that she is given. Long live Mother Monster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment