Header

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Denim Punk Jackets Without the Band Patches and Studs



There is no denying it denim is a necessary piece in everybody’s closet. Whether you prefer to wear it on your legs, arms, heck, even your head, denim is that neutral textile that instantly transforms that “plain white tee” into that “cool plain white tee”.
Personally, I like wearing my denim on my torso, as in I’m kind of obsessed with wearing denim jackets/ vests. I think my obsession began when I was in middle school, going to punk shows and becoming utterly infatuated with the guys and their denim vests covered in studs, patches, strips of fuzzy leopard fabric and shitty permanent marker scribbles of band names like “The Exploited” or  “The Casualties”.

I admired the amount of time they put into perfectly placing and securing every stud, the determination to hand stitch every patch, the overall commitment to these bands and the audacity to place bits and pieces of themselves on an object for the whole world to see. It’s kind of like wearing your heart on your sleeve, if your heart is silver coated pieces of metal and shitty bands.
I started collecting denim jackets and vests a few years ago when I had money to spend on buying shit that doesn’t fit me at thrift stores. I had so much denim that didn’t fit me that I decided to start decorating it and making them into my own “punk vests” Except shitty bands patches and spikes aren’t really my niche; instead, I’m more into buttons, glitter and sequin.
These are few ideas I plan on making and putting up on the Etsy shop for sale. 






No comments:

Post a Comment